Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thankfulness

The other day when I made the lists of the things I loved, I had one the happiest days! It wasn't that I did anything different or new, but I was just happy! I laughed more, I smiled at more people, It was a a joyful day.

So today, I woke up and realized that I could have a better day of making a list for all the things that I am thankful for. The quote that I read about thankfulness is "Not what we SAY about our blessings, but HOW WE USE them, that is the true measure of our thanksgiving." Today, as I make my list of things that I am thankful for, I am going to think of how I have been a good steward of them and allowed them fulfill purpose and meaning.

I am thankful that I live in a warm climate, I am thankful that I have money in the bank, I am thankful that I live in a quiet apartment building, I am thankful that I am an American, I am thankful that I still have parents who are married, I am thankful that I have siblings, I am thankful that my three best friends are honest, loyal and loving, I am thankful that I have a car that is paid for, I am thankful that I am self-employed, I am thankful that I have a laptop computer, I am thankful for this blog- it is helping me so much to journal this experience, I am thankful that I am learning how to improve my life in ways I never thought I could, I am thankful for my voice, my hearing, my sight, my mobility, my strength. I am thankful for the air that I breath, I am thankful for a loving God, I am thankful for those who died for my freedom, I am thankful for those who work to protect and serve, I am thankful that I live in Dunedin, FL. I am thankful that my clients allow me to help them, I am thankful that every opportunity for success is available to me, I am thankful for forgiveness, I am thankful for understanding, I am thankful for beauty, I am thankful for nature, I am thankful for peace, I am thankful for eternity, I am thankful for angels, I am thankful for Spirit, I am thankful for truth, I am thankful for justice, I am thankful for Raj tapes, I am thankful for the Course in Miracles, I am thankful for the Oneness Movement, I am thankful for spiritual pioneers, I am thankful for truth seekers, I am thankful for Jesus, I am thankful for revelations, I am thankful for the universe and cosmos, I am thankful for food & water, I am thankful the perfect design of life, I am thankful timelessness and void, I am thankful for divine intervention, I am thankful for the natural laws, I am thankful for universal laws, I am thankful for comedy, I am thankful for unconditional love, I am thankful for inspiration, I am thankful that I don't need to know all the Hows and Whys but be okay with what IS, I am thankful for my upbringing, I thankful I lived in Maine, I am thankful that I don't have any enemies, I am thankful for love, I am thankful for yesterday, today and tomorrow. I am thankful that I know that my life is only beginning and that the rest of my life is rich and full and wonderful. I am thankful for thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment