Sunday, March 22, 2009

A light bulb went ON


I was reading an except from the book Beliefs, Pathways to Health and Wellbeing "When working with any limited belief, your goal is to get from your present state to your desired state. The first and most important step is to identify your desired state. After you identify what you want, you can then gather information about your current situation; your present state. By contrasting your present state and your desired state, you can determine what abilities and resources you need to achieve your desired state." It went on to talk about the interferences (such as limiting beliefs) that can keep us from acheiving our desired state. The author calls these interferences "internal terrorists" who sabotage all our best efforts. The author states that there are three types of interferences: "some part of the person does not want to change", "the person doesn't know how to create a representation of change" and "person doesn't give themselves the chance to change- the time and space to change."

This is exactly what I have been trying to wrap my head around! The LivingTheSpiral is the catalyst book that has helped me to understand what I need to do/have/be in order to have these changes happen in my quest for optimal health, weight, happiness, and life style. I think I will be adding this book to my already bulging bookcase. I want to learn more about the NLP that it speaks of (Neuro-Linguistic Programming).

No comments:

Post a Comment