Saturday, March 7, 2009

Messy, Messy, Messy


I woke up this morning and didn't feel good. I stopped and took stock of what is going on with me right now. I realized that I need to clean my environment up, de-clutter, organize, get rid of stuff and do a deep clean of my car, my home and my business. I am feeling the effects of overwhelm because I have let things pile up, literally. I have been in a "gathering" mode and now it has taken over.

I want space. Clear, clean space. So I have set aside Monday as my Space cleaning day. I am actually very happy to do my Spring Cleaning.

I will start with my car- which is also my Office-on-Wheels! I decluttered it a few weeks ago and somehow it has got filled up again! Massage table, massage chair, sheets galore, oils, lotions, music cds, massage books, papers, mail that I haven't looked at, directions to clients homes, a lamp, and more paper.

The area around my computer- I've taken over the dinning table- is piling up, more books about massage, more unread mail, tax papers, massage DVDs, Reiki DVDs, suppliment bottles! I am amazed I have room to type!

The kitchen, it's clean, just not very organized! My roommate brought in a whole new set of cookware and it is scattered here and there. I also need to clean out the fridge.

My bedroom! OMG! I need to really get my closet organized. I have never really done this since I moved in (a year ago!) it is the real source of my clutter dilema- I need to organize my clothes, my books and my papers here so that they stop overflowing into all the other places. I have curtains I bought last year that I have not hung, I have a bed skirt that is still in the package, I have a rocking chair that I can no longer see- it has become a dumping depot for clothes.

I know that this is the source of much of my distress- I have been in gathering mode, bringing new things to me and I did not make space for it- I have been defying a basis Universal Law, no wonder I am feeling scattered and overwhelmed. It is literally my personal space, not my mind, or my spirit, it's my space. What an effect it has on the mind and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment