Monday, March 30, 2009

Modern Day Harmonic Convergence


I was in the car with a several friends this evening, after a nice walk along the Gulf of Mexico , then we drove over to our favorite Thai Restaurant for a bowl of chicken rice soup, on the drive back we were listening to a spiritual leader tape and he mentioned the term harmonic convergence. I don't know what he said after that because I got stuck on thinking about what that phrase even means.

As soon as I arrive home I looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently it was a two day event back in 1987 where people gathered together in sacred places across the globe to usher in the "new age", the dates chosen had something to do with the Mayan Calender and a planetary alignment within the Solar System. Long story short, everyone was coming together to awaken love and unity. Que the old Coke Cola commercial jingle...
"I'd like to teach the world to sing,
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land", la la la la la la la.

I am not a big follower of the 2012 theories nor do I have any intention of wasting precious brain space in trying to wrap myself around the subject. But something about that phrase really appeals to me. One definition of harmonics is: one whose vibration frequency is an integral multiple of that of the fundamental. Convergence means: to come together and unite in a common interest or focus.

What a Pollyanna feel good phrase. Almost as good as Hope and Change. (The only political reference I plan on making in this blog. I promise.)

Can I steal that phrase and retool it? Is it trade marked? Would a the then peace-loving gatherers come at me with pitchforks, tar and feathers?

I don't know enough about cosmology to select a day that would be of planetary segnificance, but I always like the method of blind fold, dart and calender. Or the eney meaney miney moe process of elimination too. What month has no holidays? June? August? The middle of the month is usually good.

Since my whole existence is currently about my weight loss, that could be the new focus. I could have everyone who is of like vibration come together and focus on the big issue that is behind weight...Self Love!

It just might take a field full of people coming together and focusing on self-love for me to really start to love myself. I don't know why I am so freakin hard on myself, why I beat myself up for the least little thing? Why I can't look in a full length mirror and like what I see? Why can't I accept the fact that others think I am pretty? Why won't I let others fall in love with me? Why is the wall that I have built around myself taller than the wall of China? Why did Reagan's voice just enter my brain and say "Donni, this wall must come down!"? Damn! Another political reference, I am so sorry!

I need to have my thoughts, my actions and my feelings all be on the same page. I need internal harmonic convergence. I need to stop any self loathing statements. Maybe an electronic shock collar programmed to zap me each and every time I even think about a negative thought about myself.

Awhile ago a lady at Cathleen's last class suggested an evening where women get together and lay down on a big piece of paper to trace the outline of their body and then color it in as a piece of artwork. At the time that that was mentioned I said "Hell no!". All I could think was "I do not want to see just how big I really am. Too much reality! I can't even post a full body picture, no way to I want wall art depicting my fat...." Zap!



No comments:

Post a Comment