Monday, March 2, 2009

Pendulums and the Light

this is the title of a book that I am reading today, written by Diane Stein. I have been working with pendulums for nearly 5 years. I use it to clear any discordant energies around me, situations, thoughts, I even clear my massage table with it. I realize that there is so much more that I can do utilizing the pendulum, really having it help me to keep my energy clear with each and every client so that I can really begin to "pull the plugs" that other people's energies have affected me.

The beginning steps that the author suggests to do is 1.) Clear the Pendulum with Sea Salt 2.) Dedicate yourself by stating "I dedicate myself and my life, and all my lifetimes and between them, to the Light." She has created a whole ceremony using candles, smudging, and all- but I have to be honest, that doesn't do it for me, I believe that it is as simple as setting the intention, stating the words- period. Done. Fini. As much as the ceremony sounds lovely and all, I think that it somehow makes me feel like I am appeasing the Gods and putting myself is a less-than position. I have come to think of myself and others as equal partners with the High Be-ings, the only difference is that we are in Physical form and they are not. When I say "and so it is!" the universe sits up and takes notice and action! I don't forget to be appreciative but not propritiate which implies averting anger or malevolence especially of a superior being.

Okay, I am off my soap box now, the other step 3.) is to dedicate the pendulum- "I dedicate this pendulum to truth, and I ask that it always be accurate and truthful."

No comments:

Post a Comment