Friday, April 3, 2009

Baby Steps

Today I missed breakfast. It was more important to me to get a few more minutes of sleep.
When I did get the chance to stop and eat I ended up at McD's. But, wonder of wonders- I didn't order my usual. I order one cheeseburger w/o ketchup and a large sweet tea. I stopped myself before eating and said a quick affirmation about "This food is blessed to my body's highest good." and "I am thankful for this food." I even noticed that I took longer to eat it than I usually do. I think I chewed more and stopped between bites longer.

When I got home I went to the fridge and pulled out the remaining red apple. It was the best apple ever! Then I had some popcorn. Now I am thinking, go shopping and get some good healthy happy food.

In the past I have hated grocery shopping. I am so "me" oriented that I have thought that other people around me are judging what is in my basket and the check out clerk is judging me.

New affirmations before shopping: " No one else cares about what I am buying" "My food shopping experience can become a time to learn and appreciate the bountiful amount of food that I have access to."

Another thing that I am going to do is pendulum the food "is this the food that will nourish me?"
I am also going to review all my affirmations so that I am in a good frame of mind before I go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment