Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dueling Dialogs


I'm still reading The Only Diet There Is. It is a Negative Thinking Diet. Since I know the power of Positive Thinking I know that I need to wean myself of all the negative thoughts that I am feeding myself.

This books states " It's not what you eat that can hurt you. It is what you BELIEVE (I know this!) about what you eat that can hurt you. Therefore food is not 'fattening' by itself. The thoughts you have about food are what make it fattening. Your body always obeys the instructions of our mind. It is the instructions you give your body about food that matter. Attitude and belief are the common denominators of all the causes of obesity."

The book also encourages you to write each affirmation down and leave room to one side for a negative response. Doing so can help you really see what stands between you and your goal. When you can finally write the affirmation with only a neutral responses from your subconscious mind ready to proceed. So here it goes:

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I have done some sinful things, what I deserve is to be punished for them.”

“I deserve to maintain m perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I will never get down to 115 pounds!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“That would be too good to be true. I can't bear the disappointment of failure once again when I don't even drop 5 pounds!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“Perfect weight maybe, but it will be so hard to maintain that weight! I don't want my whole life to be about working to keep off the weight. I don't want to be weight obsessed forever!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I am scared that I might be attractive to men, and I suck at relationships!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I will cost me a fortune to lose that much weight!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I haven't been at that weight since I was a teen, what makes me think I can get there at 42?”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“What will happen if I do get down to my perfect weight and no one is attracted to me and I am still alone?”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I would be happy just to get down to a single digit pant size!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“I don't know how to do it!”

“I deserve to maintain my perfect weight of 115 pounds.”
“Bring it on!”

That last statement felt like I am a fighter in the ring ready to battle! I haven't really felt deep inside, but I knew I had to get to that feeling in order to do battle with my Stinkin Thinkin.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel... I love this idea... I'll try it out on soon!

    ReplyDelete