Thursday, April 9, 2009

Using EFT


I have an ongoing flirtation with Emotional Freedom Technique. I have used it to handle little ache and pains, worry, resistance to relaxation. I even recommend it to some clients to use for stress and worry. But I have never fully embraced it and really used it as a tool. Last night I remembered it and I began to wonder "What if I added EFT to my daily affirmation sessions?" So this morning I began to to the Tapping. What is EFT? The website www.emofree.com is a good place to learn more. Here is a bit more info.

In essence, EFT is an emotional version of acupuncture wherein we stimulate certain meridian points by tapping on them with our fingertips. This addresses a new cause for emotional issues (unbalanced energy meridians). Properly done, this frequently reduces the therapeutic process from months or years down to hours or minutes. And, since emotional stress can contribute to pain, disease and physical ailments, we often find that EFT provides astonishing physical relief.
  • You can make enormous strides by introducing EFT into your emotional therapy process (whether you are a professional or a client). Instead of taking months or years using conventional "talk therapy," EFT often does the job for you cleanly and thoroughly in one or two sessions ... and we sometimes achieve noticeable results in a few brief rounds of EFT. We label these near-instant results as "one minute wonders."
  • Once you have seen how well EFT clears out emotional debris, your next step is to notice how physical ailments start to fade. Headaches, back pains and other discomforts often tend to improve or vanish as emotional issues improve (this is the essence of Mind Body Medicine). Your vision may become clearer and everyday stress may take less toll on your system.
  • Accordingly, you can apply it to just about everything. That is one of the most astonishing things about it. You use the same basic procedure for your fear of public speaking as you do for improving your golf score. You can also use it for everything from the common cold to multiple sclerosis (consult your physician, of course). Further, we have had reported successes for nearly every emotional issue on the books...including fear, trauma, depression, grief and schizophrenia. Some consider it the missing link in the pursuit of health and happiness.

3 comments:

  1. I tried this. I tried it on my own with no success, so I went to a pro. She performed EFT on me and it did nothing. Nada. Zilch.

    I was bummed. I think I was a bit skeptic, too.

    I've heard such great things about it, but it just didn't work with me. So now I do meditations instead.

    Maybe some day I'll try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found I had to actually clear my belief system about EFT so that it could work. "I release all doubts, fears, expectations about EFT" "EFT works towards my highest good"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a skeptic at heart, go figure. I'll have to work on it because I know it supposed to be great. It was even on Oprah a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete